Sunday, October 12, 2014

Hey readers!

It's been over a week since my last update and so much has happened! Our schedule is pretty tight during the week so it's been hard to set aside enough time to blog. Before I begin I just wanted to share what I feel was the word of the week for me. That word is Love and you'll see why in a bit.

My last update was October 1st a.k.a my birthday and that day was a little challenging for me.  As I mentioned in my last post, we are all required to do chores around the base twice a week. I spent a good chunk of it just doing yard work and I was soooooooo upset! How could I possibly spend most of my 23rd birthday outside in the heat doing yard work?! I'm usually spoiled rotten by my friends and family back home on this specific day but this day was different, I was really missing them and definitely not feeling the love! 

Anyway, I just kept thinking about it, stirring up my anger and just getting myself in a bad mood for no good reason. I laugh at myself just thinking of it because it's just so silly. It was just something I wasn't used to. That day, someone told me that yard work was therapeutic. I never thought about it that way and didn't at that moment I just got more upset! But later I realized how much yard work is really molding me. 

Later that night we had our first worship night as a team. We spent two hours just worshipping God together and it's just crazy how we all felt His prescence. We all felt his love just pouring over us, and I feel like each time, we feel it more intensely. That night I finally had a mini celebration for my birthday with my friends, and was even serenaded by a total stranger which was pretty sweet. I can definitely say it ended well. 

We have continued our evangelism and outreach and every week we visit the same places, which I love. I went to china town/hotel street again and got to spend some time with the homeless. Every time I leave that place I feel so fulfilled. Im supposed to be sharing God's love with these wonderful people but in that, they show me Gods love and grace over their lives. It really touches my heart that no matter what their, or anyones past is, God is a gracious redeemer! It's also a sweet touch when they call us Angels. That goes around the street every time we visit. 

Before we go out to evangelize, we all have intercession. Intercession is prayer and just waiting on God to speak to you. One of the girls just got a picture of Camo pants. Silly to think God is showing someone a pair of pants, but He does work in mysterious ways. She ran into a homeless man wearing these pants and asked him if he needed prayer. His response was that he had been hoping and praying for someone to ask. God answered his prayer and brought someone right over. Another crazy thing that happened that night was healing. There was a woman who could barely walk. She had a cane and had walked with a limp for some time. A girl from my team prayed healing over her and God healed the woman through her! She no longer needs a cane and her pain is completely gone. That was just incredible to me. 

I started working at Good Shepherd Preschool this week as well. Our team gets to do a skit for the kids every week, so this week we shared the story of David and Goliath. They had so much fun and absolutely loved having us there. We played, sang songs and just had fun together. Kids really bring so much joy. Working there really made me miss all my little people back at home, but it also made me feel a little closer to them. I posted a few videos below. If you have trouble playing them through your mobile phone, they can be viewed on a computer. 

These are only a few factors of why I chose the word Love for this week. I've decided to split this post in two, just because it is so long. If you want to read more about my struggles and how God is working in me stay tuned! I'll post the other half tomorrow night (:






                                                              
                                     
                                                              


1 comment: